If you’re struggling to drive organic traffic to your website, then you need to improve your SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) efforts. Not 100% sure what SEO is and how it can help you gain new customers? Don’t worry! That’s where an SEO specialist, like Egnetix Digital can help.
SEO specialists are experts in the art of driving organic search traffic and can generate you the in-market customer you’re in search for!
Interested in finding out more about what an SEO specialist does, and how they can help your business boost its customers, leads, revenue and more through search engine rankings? Simply read on and we’ll take you on the journey.
What is an SEO Specialist?
An SEO specialist is an expert who optimises a website for major search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo! and others with the goal of driving you more website traffic or in other terms, potential customers. They understand how to drive more traffic to your website, using keywords effectively and stay in the know on the latest algorithm changes and market trends. As part of the skillset they also know the right types of content to publish to produce positive search results.
Apart from higher search rankings for keywords, an SEO specialist can ensure your web pages appear for relevant search terms rather than random ones. For example, if you search for ‘hair extensions’, you get companies like BeautyWorks, Foxylocks and LullaBellz, which sell hair extensions and articles that list the best hair extensions. These results are driven by a robust SEO strategy. These keywords have been chosen by such businesses with the idea of creating pages to rank for them.
A robust SEO strategy can help all types of companies to attract more visitors which can lead to your required action to generate business growth. While this sounds wonderful, many business owners often have minimal SEO knowledge and it’s the reason many outsource to SEO specialists.
SEO specialists are able to take your vision and apply it into an SEO strategy and campaign designed to support you in achieving your business growth through SEO.
In addition to SEO specialists there are numerous other names used to describe such a skill set including:
- SEO Consultants
- SEO Experts
- SEO Freelancers
- SEO Agencies
- Web Designers with SEO experience
- Data Analysts with SEO experience
Which one you opt for will likely depend on your experience of SEO but also the requirements of the SEO you need carried out.
The type of tasks an SEO specialist can perform
It’s important to understand an SEO specialist is responsible for a variety of components associated with search engine optimisation. They will review, evaluate and investigate your website, so they can identify SEO opportunities that can deliver you the right type of customers. These will be the type of customers that will help your business grow.
In addition to this, SEO specialists are responsible for many things including:
- Creation of a full SEO campaign strategy – A significant part of SEO is getting your campaign up and running, while also ensuring success is being monitored to see what’s working and what needs improving. When you work with an SEO specialist, you have someone to observe your campaign’s results to see if it’s working for your business. This means that you’ll always get the most out of your campaign.
- They project manage your SEO requirements – That’s right. Your SEO specialist will project manage all aspects of your SEO strategy. They will work with you to understand all there is to know about your business, its goals, any existing campaigns, any previous SEO work you’ve had done and the challenges you face. This information helps the specialist create a bespoke set of SEO requirements tailored to you and your business so it can be maximised.
- They ensure content creation and other types of On-page SEO actions – Content creation is an incredibly important part of any SEO strategy. By working with an SEO specialist, they will ensure imaginative and relevant content for your website, which is fantastic for both users and search engines. Not only does it help to promote the time visitors spend on your site, but it also reduces its bounce rate.
- Keyword research – A keyword is the word, phrase or question that users type into a search engine to find certain content. It can be a single word such as “trainers” or a longer phrase such as “platform trainers for women.” Keyword research is one of the most valuable components of SEO. After all, every query starts with a keyword or question. An SEO specialist, as part of a strategy should always spend time searching for keywords to ensure you’re targeting the keywords you want to rank for from the very beginning.
- They focus on delivering best practice SEO techniques – It goes without saying that an SEO specialist is focused on using the best practice SEO techniques to help your website improve its position across search engines. By employing white-hat tactics you can ensure that your site complies with search engine’s rules and can continue to experience a steady and successful online growth.
- They focus on ensuring that your website is technically healthy – SEO specialists assess the technical aspect of your website too. They will assess all technical elements of your website ensuring they are not causing negative experiences to crawlers such as the Google Bot. When your site is optimised for technical SEO, it can improve your rankings on SERPs.
- They source you opportunities so that other websites can link back to your content – An SEO specialist will have a strategy in place for authority building, in other terms, link building. When you gain links from external sources, it shows that your website is a credible source of information and this helps you to rank higher in search results.
- Competitor Analysis – This is a valuable part of your SEO strategy as it can help you to understand what your competitors are doing to thrive. This is a great way to understand what you need to be doing to compete with them online.
Characteristics you want in an SEO specialist
An understanding of the three pillars of SEO
An experienced SEO specialist should have knowledge of the key three pillars of SEO: technical, on-page and off-page optimisation.
This is all about the behind the scenes elements of your website. Any credible SEO specialist should audit your site and implement solutions to improve its performance, crawlability and readability. This can help to boost your rankings in search engines, leading to more visitors and ultimately conversions.
An SEO specialist should ensure that the content on your website is optimised so that consumers as well as search engines can understand it and see it as a credible source of information. On-Page SEO refers to elements on your website such as implementation of strategic keywords, metadata, H1 tags and content. These are elements that help to direct search traffic your way and ensure that your page comes out on top of SERPs.
You want to ensure that your website and key SEO landing pages generate strong relationships with other websites via link building. A good SEO specialist can assist you with this. When your website is visible on other pages, search engines notice this and trust you as a reliable source of information helping to boost your rankings and organic traffic.
An Analytical Mind
There is a lot of data involved with SEO. Without it, you would be unable to monitor the performance of your campaigns and SEO efforts and understand areas for improvement. An SEO specialist should have a strong analytical mind and be able to communicate with you their findings effectively so that you can adjust your approach where necessary.
There are plenty of factors that go into SEO other than keywords and it takes many years to master and understand. Exceptional client servicing ensures you get a fantastic experience in terms of your SEO campaign being delivered. This involves effective communication, prompt responses, regular updates, monthly meetings, strategy meetings and so much more. Strong client servicing ensures you’re in the loop at every stage of your SEO campaign being delivered.
Strong Marketing Background
It’s advantageous if your SEO specialist has an overall background in digital marketing. Your SEO consultant having a strong background in marketing means you’re working with someone with a wider knowledge base. This could help in other situations when you’re looking for additional support of expert advice on how to grow your marketing across your business.
A strong SEO specialist needs to be able to effectively communicate with you and your audience so that you know what it is that is being changed and why and so your audience knows exactly what it is your website is trying to tell them.
An effective SEO specialist doesn’t need to be a whizz at web design, but they do need to know what elements should go where as this is key. A sound understanding of web design is key in ensuring your website is user friendly and can be maximised by search engines crawling your site.
How to go about finding an SEO specialist?
Finding and hiring an SEO specialist who you can work with long-term isn’t always an easy task. However, with over 10+ years of experience, Egnetix Digital understands what brands and businesses should be looking for in their SEO specialist, which include:
- Google Search Results – Where better to start than Google? A good SEO specialist will have optimised their own website for local search so that they can be found easily based on your geographical location when you type in a set of keywords.
- Asking for Referrals – Word of mouth is still as powerful as ever, if you have friends, family or ex work colleagues that work in marketing consider asking them if they know any reputable SEO specialists and get them to introduce you.
- LinkedIn – Use your network to your advantage here. Ask friends for recommendations of SEO specialists that other business owners have worked with.
- Business Events and Meetups – Make the most of local business events and meetups for business owners and marketing professionals. Speaking to SEO specialists face-to-face can go a long way in identifying who is right for your strategy and business.
An SEO specialist can add serious value to your business, helping you to target your desired audience, boost website traffic and improve your ranking in SERPs. Whatever your goal they can create an SEO strategy designed to achieve your results.
Egnetix Digital an SEO specialist in Kent can help your business to optimise your website for search engines. This will ensure long term consistent and measurable growth, helping you to boost revenue for your business.
Why work with an SEO Consultancy like Egnetix Digital?
Egnetix Digital is an SEO consultancy in Kent with over 10+ years’ experience. We can help brands and marketing agencies of any shape and size with all aspects of SEO, ensuring you are set up for success from the start.
If you have been thinking about hiring an SEO specialist to assist you with your SEO strategy, then look no further than Egnetix Digital. We can offer you a personalised service with proven results so why not get in contact today to see how we can assist you with your SEO strategy.